August 19, 2026 10:51 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Sindh-Balochistan

Sindh, Balochistan refuse to contribute in Ehsaas Rashan programme, won't get subsidy: Pakistan govt

| @indiablooms | Nov 15, 2021, at 03:54 pm

Islamabad/UNI: The people of Sindh and Balochistan are likely not to benefit from Prime Minister Imran Khan's Ehsaas Rashan subsidy as both provinces have refused to contribute their 65 per cent share to the programme for six months.

“Sindh and Balochistan have refused to contribute to the programme after which people of both provinces will get only Rs 350 subsidy (federal government share), and not the total subsidy of Rs 1,000,” Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Poverty Alleviation Dr Sania Nishtar told Dawn.

According to Ehsaas Rashan subsidy programme, three consumerable items -- pulses, flour and edible oil/ghee -- will be given to registered persons at subsised rates at utility stores, super stores and other designated general stores.

The refusal to share the subsidy programme by the Balochistan government has come as a shock to Imran Khan-led government as the ruling Balochistan Awami Party and the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf are coalition partners in Balochistan.

Balochistan’s refusal to share the subsidy programme is said to be quite shocking for the federal government which is facing ‘lack of confidence’ of its allies and the opposition’s threats to topple it owing to its ‘faulty economic policies’, Dawn reported.

Meanwhile, Sindh is ruled by the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP), which is one of the main opposition parties.

Sindh government’s spokesman Saeed Ghani, said, “Not sharing in the programme might have been decided by the chief minister and the decision has so far not been conveyed to the lower level."

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.