May 18, 2026 09:38 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report | FIR against Abhishek Banerjee over ‘provocative speeches’ during West Bengal poll campaign | Madhya Pradesh High Court holds Bhojshala complex disputed site to be a temple | ‘Even ex-CM can be probed’: Suvendu Adhikari’s big statement on RG Kar case | Big action in RG Kar case: Bengal CM Suvendu Adhikari suspends 3 IPS officers, including ex-CP Vineet Goyal | Modi’s UAE visit delivers major defence, energy deals amid Middle East tensions
BJP councillor's husband Ashok Singh is accused of rape, threats. Photo: X/Videograb.

'Nothing will happen to me,' Madhya Pradesh BJP councillor’s husband accused of rape, blackmail

| @indiablooms | Dec 28, 2025, at 09:43 am

A woman in Madhya Pradesh’s Satna district has accused the husband of a BJP councillor of raping her at knifepoint, recording the assault, and later using the video to threaten and sexually exploit her repeatedly.

The accused has been identified as Ashok Singh, the husband of a BJP councillor from the Rampur Baghelan Nagar Parishad.

The allegations came to light after a video, purportedly showing Singh abusing a police officer and threatening the survivor, went viral on social media, triggering widespread outrage.

In the clip, the accused is allegedly heard saying, “What will happen to me? Nothing will happen. Complain wherever you want,” while the woman can be heard crying and speaking about filing a complaint.

According to a written complaint submitted to Satna Superintendent of Police Hansraj Singh on Monday, the survivor said the crime took place around six months ago. She said she remained silent due to repeated threats to her life and the safety of her family.

Following her complaint, the SP transferred the investigation to Deputy Superintendent of Police Manoj Trivedi.

The woman alleged that Singh entered her house, raped her at knifepoint, recorded the assault on his mobile phone, and threatened to kill her and her family if she spoke about the incident.

She further claimed that on December 20, Singh again approached her, molested her, and renewed his threats, warning her to comply with his demands or face public humiliation through the release of the video.

The survivor also alleged that Singh has a criminal background and had earlier been externed from the district, which she said emboldened him to act with impunity. She claimed he frequently visits her shop, verbally abuses her, and continues to threaten her, creating an atmosphere of fear.

Raising concerns over police inaction, the woman said she had approached the police five days earlier but no concrete action had been taken. She said the police would be responsible if any harm came to her or her family.

Police officials said they are verifying the authenticity of the viral video and examining all available evidence. No arrest had been officially confirmed at the time of writing.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.