August 20, 2026 02:12 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis

Narada News sting operation: 3 PIL filed in Calcutta High Court, ED to begin probe

| | Mar 16, 2016, at 11:51 pm
Kolkata, Mar 16 (IBNS): Demanding a joint investigation of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Enforcement Directorate (ED) into the Narada News sting operation case, three Public Interest Litigation (PIL) have been filed so far in the Calcutta High Court since Wednesday morning.

Amitabha Chakraborty and Abbasuddin on behalf of the Congress party, Brajesh Jhan on behalf of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and advocate Akshay Kumar Sarangi have filed the three PIL to the division bench of Chief Justice Manjula Chellur in Calcutta High Court on Wednesday.

The PIL are likely to be heard on or after Friday.

Meanwhile, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) is likely to start its preliminary investigation into the matter and will send a letter to the office of Narada News soon, asking the unedited video footage of the sting operation, sources said.

The former managing editor of Tehelka magazine and present editor and CEO of Narada News, Mathew Samuel said that he was ready to provide sting operation's video footage to any agency for investigation.

A newly launched news portal Narada News on Monday released a sting operation's video footage in New Delhi, where few TMC leaders, MPs, MLAs and ministers were shown taking bribes.

TMC leaderships, however, alleged that the video footage was doctored.

(Reporting by Deepayan Sinha)

Note: IBNS did not conduct the sting operation and we did not verify the video footage.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.