April 03, 2025 01:44 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Crushing defeat for Mamata Banerjee: BJP reacts to Supreme Court's SSC recruitment order | DMK to challenge Waqf (Amendment) Bill in Supreme Court, announces Stalin | Supreme Court upholds Calcutta HC order quashing 25,000 appointments by SSC in Bengal | In a major boost for tourism, Shimla to get Asia's longest ropeway spanning 13.79 kilometers | Karnataka govt hikes sales tax on diesel, price goes up by Rs. 2 | 'Heard India will be dropping its tariffs substantially': Donald Trump ahead of announcing reciprocal tariff | Opposition MPs decide to vote against Waqf Amendment Bill in Parliament tomorrow | Chilean President Boric visits India, discusses ways to expand bilateral ties with Modi | Himanta Biswa Sarma slams Muhammad Yunus' Northeast remarks, Tripura leader suggests Bangladesh's split | Modi govt determined to uproot Naxalism by March 31, 2026: Amit Shah

Meghalaya: Newborn baby dies after hospital denies admission to pregnant woman

| @indiablooms | Jul 30, 2020, at 04:59 pm

Shillong/IBNS: The Meghalaya government has issued a show-cause notice to a Shillong-based hospital after a pregnant woman was denied admission at the hospital who came from a containment zone following which a newborn baby died due to lack of medical care.

According to the reports, Ganesh Das Hospital, Shillong had allegedly denied admission to a pregnant woman on Tuesday as she had come from Mawlai Mawtawar area – a COVID-19 containment zone in the capital city of Meghalaya.

After an intervention by some locals, the hospital authority had allowed the pregnant woman to deliver the child at the hospital, but the newborn baby died.

Following the incident, the Meghalaya government on Wednesday has issued a show-cause notice to the hospital.

Meghalaya Deputy Chief Minister Prestone Tynsong said that the state government has asked the health department to issue a show-cause notice to Ganesh Das Hospital.

Dr Aman Warr, Director of health services of Meghalaya government on Wednesday said that, as per COVID-19 protocol since the woman came from a containment zone, the hospital authority had to take up a step.

“We have discussed the matter with the authorities of the hospital, Mawtawar Dorbar Shnong and asked the hospital authority to submit a report,” Dr Aman Warr said.

Meghalaya has so far reported 572 positive cases for Covid-19 including 281 cases from BSF and armed forces.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.
Close menu