August 20, 2026 04:21 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis

India will talk only if Pakistan acts promptly on Pathankot attack evidence

| | Jan 07, 2016, at 10:21 pm
New Delhi, Jan 7 (IBNS): India on Thursday said it will not go ahead with foreign secretary level talks with Pakistan next unless the neighbouring country takes action on the evidence provided by India of the Pathankot terror attack.
India's External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Vikas Swarup told a press conference: "The ball is in Pakistan's court."
 
He said talks are based on the "prompt" response of Pakistan on the terror attack, adding that actionable intelligence has been provided to the neighbour. 
 
India has urged Pakistan to take action against Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists based on its soil who targetted an Indian air base at Pathankot in Punjab last week, killing seven Indian security men.
 
Prime Minister Narendra Modi received a call on Tuesday from his Pakistani counterpart  Nawaz Sharif regarding the terrorist attack on the Pathankot airbase.

Prime Minister Modi strongly emphasized the need for Pakistan to take firm and immediate action against the organizations and individuals responsible for and linked to the Pathankot terrorist attack, officials said.

"Specific and actionable information in this regard has been provided to Pakistan," read an official statement.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif assured Prime Minister Modi that his government would take prompt and decisive action against the terrorists. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.