August 20, 2026 04:27 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
India, Pakistan, Pathankot, Terror attack, Action, Jaish-e-Mohammad, Air Force base, Military coiurt

India likely to take up Pathankot terror attack issue with Pakistan

| | Jan 04, 2016, at 05:12 pm
New Delhi, Jan 4 (IBNS) As the audacious Pathankot terror attack rattles the country, the Indian government is likely to raise the issue with the Pakistani government on Monday.

Media reports said  India is seeking action against Jaish-e-Mohammad, the terror group which is expected to have carried out the attack on Indian Air Force base in Pathankot, where operation against terrorists is going on for the third day on Monday.

India is likely to tell Pakistan in clear terms to raid these groups and wants the military court to act against them. The investigating officials have recovered a note that nails Jaish-e-Mohammad hand in the attack.

Reports said the  future of the Foreign Secretary level talks will depend  on the action taken by Pakistan against Jaish. India is likely to inform Pakistan that terror and talks can't go further without action on these groups.

Meanwhile, joint combing operation by the armed forces, police and security personnel is underway at the Pathankot airbase. So far, five terrorists have been killed and search is still on for at least one. Altogether seven security men, including a Lt. Col of the National Security Guard have been martyred.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi  chaired a high-level meeting with National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Foreign Secretary Jai Shankar and other top officials on Sunday night to take stock of the Pathankot attack.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.