May 18, 2026 09:37 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report | FIR against Abhishek Banerjee over ‘provocative speeches’ during West Bengal poll campaign | Madhya Pradesh High Court holds Bhojshala complex disputed site to be a temple | ‘Even ex-CM can be probed’: Suvendu Adhikari’s big statement on RG Kar case | Big action in RG Kar case: Bengal CM Suvendu Adhikari suspends 3 IPS officers, including ex-CP Vineet Goyal | Modi’s UAE visit delivers major defence, energy deals amid Middle East tensions
Accident
Bus was into flames after collision with the truck. Photo: Screen-grab/X video

Horror on Karnataka highway: sleeper bus bursts into flames after truck crash, 9 killed

| @indiablooms | Dec 25, 2025, at 11:48 am

Bengaluru/IBNS: At least nine people were killed after a private sleeper bus collided with a container truck, triggering a massive fire in Karnataka’s Chitradurga district in the early hours of Thursday, media reports said.

The bus, operated by Seabird Tourist, was carrying 32 passengers and was travelling from Bengaluru to Gokarna when the accident occurred on a national highway.

According to reports, the container truck, which was travelling in the opposite direction, lost control, jumped the median and rammed into the bus.

The impact was severe and hit the bus’s diesel tank, leading to an immediate fire.

Police have so far recovered five bodies, while several others remain untraceable as rescue and search operations continue.

The bus driver, cleaner and conductor reportedly managed to escape the accident.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced an ex-gratia of ₹2 lakh to the next of kin of each deceased and ₹50,000 to those injured.

“Deeply saddened by the loss of lives due to a mishap in the Chitradurga district of Karnataka. Condolences to those who have lost their loved ones. May those injured recover at the earliest,” the Prime Minister wrote on X.

Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah also announced compensation of ₹5 lakh for the families of the deceased and ₹50,000 for the injured.

In a post on X, Siddaramaiah said he had directed officials to provide immediate assistance to those affected and ordered an investigation into the incident.

“An investigation will be conducted, the cause of the accident will be identified and necessary measures will be taken. I pray that those injured recover at the earliest and that the souls of the deceased attain peace,” he said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.