August 20, 2026 04:21 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis

Aamir no more the face of 'Incredible India' campaign

| | Jan 07, 2016, at 01:18 pm
New Delhi, Jan 7 (IBNS) Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan will no more feature as the face of the Indian government's ‘Incredible India’ tourism campaign.

Khan has been the face of the campaign since 2009 when the Congress-led UPA government was in power.

In response to news reports on Khan's presence in the campaign , the Ministry of Tourism said in a statement: "In response to certain news reports appearing in the media, about Shri. Aamir Khan, the Ministry of Tourism clarifies that there is no change in the stand of the ministry in this matter. "

"The Ministry further clarifies that at present it has a contractual agreement with creative agency Mc Cann Worldwide to produce social awareness campaign and the said campaign featured Shri. Aamir Khan," it said.


Last year, Aamir Khan made to the headlines for some wrong reasons.

Controversy hit Khan hard as his remarks on the issue of ‘intolerance’ did not go down well with many people.

Triggering a controversy, he had said  that he and his wife Kiran Rao considered leaving India owing to the 'disquiet' surrounding it.

He said they deemed the present situation of the country to be too dangerous for their kids. The controversy left Bollywood divided with many hitting out at the actor for his remarks.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.