August 19, 2026 08:27 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Donald Trump issues fresh warning to Iran. Photo: X/The White House

'We'll hit Iran very hard tonight': Trump issues fresh warning, calls Tehran 'Cuckoo'

| @indiablooms | Jul 08, 2026, at 11:42 pm

US President Donald Trump on Wednesday warned that the United States would launch another major strike against Iran, saying Washington would hit the Islamic Republic "very hard" later in the day.

Speaking during a NATO Summit appearance in Ankara, Turkey, Trump said the US had already carried out significant strikes overnight and was prepared to escalate further.

"We hit them very hard last night. Very, very hard. We'll probably hit them hard again tonight. I'll give them a little warning. We're going to hit them hard tonight," Trump said, as reported by several media. 

Accusing Tehran of attacking ships with drones and missiles, he added, "They are behaving very badly."

'Iran can't have a nuclear weapon'

On the sidelines of the summit, Trump reiterated that the conflict was aimed at preventing Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

He claimed US officials had made progress in talks with Tehran but accused Iranian leaders of publicly denying the discussions after leaving the negotiating table.

"I think we've made a lot of progress... they'll agree on everything, and then they'll go have a news conference and say, 'We never even talked about it.'"

In unusually blunt remarks, Trump described Iran's leadership as "cuckoo."

"There's something wrong with these people, and for 47 years they've been the bully of the Middle East. They're not the bully anymore... All we want is very simple—they can't have a nuclear weapon."

Threat to target boats, infrastructure

Trump also suggested the US could intensify military operations by targeting additional Iranian vessels and critical infrastructure.

"We could knock out more boats tonight," he said, adding that electricity and water facilities could also be hit.

He later tempered the remarks, saying he did not want to pursue such action.

Blockade 'only for Iran'

The US president warned that the next strike could be a major one and suggested Washington could even "take over" Kharg Island.

Clarifying America's naval posture, Trump said the US blockade was directed solely at Iran.

"The blockade is only for Iran. Other countries can have whatever they want," he said.

Ceasefire under strain

Earlier in the day, Trump declared that the interim memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Iran was effectively "over," although he said diplomatic talks would continue.

His remarks came hours after the United States launched large-scale strikes on Iranian assets in Bandar Abbas, Sirik and Qeshm Island, saying the operation was in retaliation for Tehran's attacks on ships in the Strait of Hormuz.

Washington has also revoked a licence permitting the sale of Iranian oil.

Iran responded with strikes on Bahrain and Kuwait, raising fears that the fragile truce could collapse and push the Middle East into a broader regional conflict.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.