August 19, 2026 10:08 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Israel and Hamas have agreed to a peace deal brokered by the US. Photo: ChatGPT.

US warns of imminent Hamas attack on Gaza civilians, calls it 'ceasefire violation'

| @indiablooms | Oct 19, 2025, at 12:05 pm

The US State Department on Saturday said it had received “credible reports” that Hamas was planning an imminent attack against civilians in Gaza, a move Washington warned would amount to a violation of the fragile ceasefire.

"This planned attack against Palestinian civilians would constitute a direct and grave violation of the ceasefire agreement and undermine the significant progress achieved through mediation efforts," said the State Department in a statement.

It added that such an action would “undermine the significant progress achieved through mediation efforts.”

While the statement did not specify what measures the US might take, President Donald Trump earlier this week threatened that if Hamas continued killing civilians, “we will have no choice but to go in and kill them,” without clarifying who he meant by “we.”

The warning comes as the first phase of the Israel–Hamas peace deal, brokered by the US, Egypt, Qatar, and Turkey, is being implemented.

The agreement required Israel to halt its military offensive in Gaza in exchange for the release of remaining hostages taken in the October 7, 2023, attacks.

Meanwhile, Hamas has intensified its internal crackdown in Gaza, publishing footage showing the execution of eight blindfolded suspects accused of collaborating with Israel.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.