August 19, 2026 09:18 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Pakistan
Photo: Wallpaper Cave

Unidentified gunmen abduct 20 labourers from a construction company's camp in Pakistan

| @indiablooms | Oct 26, 2025, at 08:03 pm

Unidentified gunmen attacked a construction company's camp in Pakistan's Khuzdar district and allegedly abducted 20 labourers.

The site was extremely damaged with attackers setting several vehicles and heavy machinery under fire.

Officials told The Express Tribune that the incident occurred in the remote Kaleri area of Naal, about 80 kilometres from Khuzdar.

The attackers reportedly blocked the highway before attacking the camp.

The company was working on a road project linking Khuzdar to Basima in Washuk district.

It is reportedly a part of Balochistan's development plan.

According to Levies officer Ali Akbar, the attackers set fire to machinery and vehicles at the site, damaging at least eight, including heavy equipment and transport trucks, reported The Express Tribune.

“The gunmen then forcibly took several workers with them,” he said.

The labourers belonged to the Sindh province. They went to Balochistan to work on the project.

Manager Zulfiqar Ahmed of the construction company D-Baloch, confirmed to the newspaper that two of the labourers have been released.

“Eighteen labourers are still missing,” he said.

“The attack has severely affected our operations and created fear among the staff,” he said.

Security forces have launched a search operation to find the missing labourers.

The area has been cordoned off.

No group has claimed responsibility for the incident.

Officials told the newspaper that the armed Baloch insurgent groups have been active in the region and have previously targeted road construction projects and non-local workers, accusing them of representing external interests.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.