August 19, 2026 07:13 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
TTP
WIKIMEDIA COMMONS

Talks with banned TTP could not move ahead: Sheikh Rashid

| @indiablooms | Feb 07, 2022, at 02:34 am

Islamabad: Pakistan's  Interior Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed on Friday said talks with banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) failed to move forward.

Briefing the Senate Committee on Home Affairs, he was quoted as saying by The News International that the federal government had abandoned the idea of dialogue with the TTP due to the conditions put by the banned outfit.

Sheikh Rashid said the Afghan Taliban had initially held talks with the TTP and tried to persuade them to settle issues with Pakistan, but the talks could not move ahead as there were things that could not be accepted.

The interior minister was quoted as saying by the newspaper that there were people of the outlawed TTP in the border areas of Afghanistan and many groups may have come together, adding that two of their terrorists had been killed in Islamabad recently.

Sheikh Rashid said that the conditions laid out by them were not acceptable to the government, following which they ended the ceasefire themselves, adding that “we have received indications that negotiations will not succeed”.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.