August 19, 2026 09:09 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Pakistan & Afghanistan agreed to extend their 48-hour ceasefire on Friday. Photo: ChatGPT.

Afghanistan accuses Pakistan of airstrikes in Paktika province hours after ceasefire extension

| @indiablooms | Oct 17, 2025, at 11:54 pm

Hours after Pakistan and Afghanistan agreed to extend their 48-hour ceasefire, the Taliban accused Islamabad of carrying out airstrikes in several districts of Paktika province, which lies along the Durand Line, media reports said.

According to TOLOnews, the strikes targeted residential areas in the Argun and Bermal districts near the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. While local sources told the channel that there have been damages to multiple houses, no casualties have been confirmed so far.

The alleged strikes came on the same day a Pakistani delegation arrived in Doha, the capital of Qatar, for peace talks with Afghan officials. The Afghan delegation is expected to join the discussions on Saturday, according to Reuters.

Earlier in the day, at least seven Pakistani soldiers were killed and 13 others injured in a “coordinated suicide attack” on a military camp in North Waziristan, Pakistani security officials said.

The attack occurred just hours before the planned dialogue between Islamabad and Kabul.

According to reports, the assault began when a militant rammed an explosives-laden vehicle into the boundary wall of the Khaddi military camp in Mir Ali.

Two other attackers then attempted to storm the facility but were shot dead by security forces.

The Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the attack, saying its Khalid bin Waleed suicide unit and Tehreek Taliban Gulbahadar group jointly carried it out.

The fresh escalation has raised concerns over the fragility of the ceasefire agreement between the two sides, which was extended after days of border clashes and diplomatic tensions.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.