August 19, 2026 08:42 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit

Sex with 7-year-old: US man jailed for 30 ys

| | May 13, 2014, at 04:45 pm
Baltimore, May 13 (IBNS) U.S. District Judge Roger W. Titus sentenced Anthony Palomino-Coronado, age 21, of Laurel, Maryland, today to 30 years in prison, followed by lifetime supervised release, for sexual abuse of a minor to produce child pornography.
Judge Titus ordered that upon his release from prison, Coronado must register as a sex offender in the place where he resides, where he is an employee, and where he is a student, under the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA).
 
The sentence was announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Rod J. Rosenstein; Special Agent in Charge Stephen E. Vogt of the Federal Bureau of Investigation; Chief Mark A. Magaw of the Prince George’s County Police Department; and Prince George’s County State’s Attorney Angela D. Alsobrooks.
 
“Child exploitation cases often turn your stomach, and this is one of them,” said U.S. Attorney Rod J. Rosenstein.
 
According to evidence presented at Coronado’s five-day trial, on May 2, 2012, the Prince George’s County Police Department responded to a 911 call regarding a missing 7-year-old female child.
 
 During the subsequent search, at approximately 2:20 a.m., the child was found next to a privacy fence that separated the child’s residence from Coronado’s. At the base of the fence on Coronado’s side, officers found an empty condom wrapper. 
 
The child was not wearing any underwear and told officers that Coronado asked her to meet him at his house and then helped her get back into her yard when the police arrived.
 
Witnesses testified that during subsequent separate interviews with a sexual assault nurse, Prince George’s County Police detective, and FBI child forensic interview specialist, the victim stated that she had been to Coronado’s home, specifically his basement, 10 times; that Coronado had been engaging in sexual activity with her, including vaginal sex; and that Coronado had taken pictures of her, with and without her clothes on, with his black and red cell phone.
 
Trial evidence showed that a search warrant executed at Coronado’s residence recovered, among other things, a black and red cell phone, which contained a photo documenting Coronado’s sexual abuse of the child.
 
 A forensic examination established that the photo was taken on March 20, 2012, and had been deleted. In addition, six photos of the victim clothed, in the basement, and under the light of a flashlight were also found on the phone.
 
 Digital data established that these photos were taken on May 2, 2013, between 1:00 and 2:00 a.m. According to trial testimony, after his arrest the next day, 
 
Coronado denied engaging in sex activity with the victim but admitted that during the night of May 2, 2012, the victim was at his home between 11:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m., “playing games.”
 
During trial, on November 20, 2013, the victim testified that Coronado had engaged in sexually explicit conduct with her and identified herself and Coronado in the child pornography picture found on Coronado’s cell phone, as well as in the clothed pictures taken on May 2, 2012, in the basement of Coronado’s residence. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.