August 19, 2026 12:20 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Pentagon
Pixabay

Pentagon says that no US troops will be punished for Afghan drone strike

| @indiablooms | Dec 14, 2021, at 02:56 pm

Washington/UNI: US officials have said that they will not punish any of the American troops or officials involved in the drone strike that killed 10 people in Afghanistan in August earlier this year, the BBC reported on Tuesday.

The incident happened during the final days of the US-led evacuation from Kabul after the Taliban seized control of the country.

An aid worker and nine members of his family, including seven children, were killed in the drone strike.

The US officials said that American intelligence believed that the aid worker's car was linked to IS-K, a local branch of Islamic State and were planning to carry out an attack on the Kabul airport.

US Central Command's Gen Kenneth McKenzie had described the strike on August 29 as a "tragic mistake".

A high-level internal review published last month was approved on Monday by Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin, concluded that that there was no need for disciplinary action, as no law had been broken, and there was no evidence of misconduct or negligence.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.