May 18, 2026 04:37 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report | FIR against Abhishek Banerjee over ‘provocative speeches’ during West Bengal poll campaign | Madhya Pradesh High Court holds Bhojshala complex disputed site to be a temple | ‘Even ex-CM can be probed’: Suvendu Adhikari’s big statement on RG Kar case | Big action in RG Kar case: Bengal CM Suvendu Adhikari suspends 3 IPS officers, including ex-CP Vineet Goyal | Modi’s UAE visit delivers major defence, energy deals amid Middle East tensions
Balochistan Bomb Blast
Jaffar Express targeted twice in a week. Photo: Wikimedia Commons

Pakistan: Six bogies of Jaffar Express derail after bomb blast rocks Balochistan, no casualties

| @indiablooms | Aug 10, 2025, at 08:42 pm

A bomb blast on the railway track in Balochistan’s Mastung district in Pakistan derailed six bogies of the Jaffar Express, media reports said on Sunday.

No casualty or injury was reported in the incident.

Muhammad Kashif, public relations officer of the Pakistan Railways’ Quetta division, told Dawn.com: “A bomb attached to the railway track exploded loudly, derailing six bogies of the train. Fortunately, there was no loss of life.”

The incident happened close to the Spezand station in Mastung’s Dasht area.

The blast occurred when the train was on its way from Quetta to Peshawar City station with 350 passengers on board.

“Security forces and rescue teams rushed to the site as soon as they were alerted about the incident, and began a search operation after cordoning off the area,” Kashif said.

“Four bogies of the Jaffar Express had been placed back on the track, while efforts were underway to restore the other two,” the official noted.

A relief train later brought back all the passengers to Quetta.

Meanwhile, the services of  Jaffar Express and Bolan Mail have been suspended till August 14, which marks the country's Independence Day.

The Quetta-bound Jaffar Express recently escaped a major disaster when the bomb planted on the railway track exploded just minutes after the passenger train crossed it.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.