August 19, 2026 09:14 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit

Pakistan mosque attack: US condemns

| | Sep 17, 2016, at 02:40 pm
Washington, Sept 17 (IBNS): The US on Saturday condemned suicide attack at a mosque in Pakistan which killed at least 28 people.

NSC Spokesperson Ned Price said in a statement: "The United States condemns in the strongest terms today’s terrorist attack in Mohmand Agency, Pakistan, which has killed as many as 25 and injured many more.  "

"This attack against civilians at a mosque during Friday prayers is an appalling reminder that terrorism threatens all countries in the region, and we send our deepest condolences to the loved ones of those killed as well as our thoughts and prayers to those injured," he said.

" The United States stands with the people of Pakistan against the scourge of terrorism and will continue to work with the Government of Pakistan against those who committed such outrageous attacks," Price said.

The death toll in the suicide attack which rocked a mosque at  tehsil Anbar in Mohmand Agency in Pakistan reached 28, media reports said on Saturday.

Quoting  political administration sources,Geo News reported that the explosion took place when people were returning home from the mosque after Friday prayers.

The attack left 30 others injured.

Injured people were rushed to hospitals for treatment.

A security source was quoted as saying by Dawn News that the suicide bomber blew himself up in the veranda of the mosque.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.