August 19, 2026 08:35 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Balochistan
Armed gunmen abduct 14 workers in Pakistan's Balochistan. Photo: Wallpaper Cave

Pakistan: 14 workers kidnapped in coordinated armed raids in Balochistan

| @indiablooms | Feb 23, 2026, at 09:07 pm

Armed men abducted 14 construction workers, who were working on a government project and at a crushing plant at two different places in Khuzdar and Barkhan districts of Balochistan, Pakistan, media reports said.

A senior police officer told Dawn News that the armed men barged into the construction company’s camp in Mula area, some 60 km from Khuzdar, and kidnapped 11 workers including a project manager.

“Six labourers belonged to Sindh province who were working with the com­pany while five others are residents of Khuzdar and other areas of the province,” the police official said.

He told the newspaper that the armed men attempted to take away arms and ammunition of the police station but police personnel offered resistance, forcing the kidnappers to flee.

Security forces reached the spot after getting information about the kidnapping.

No kidnappers have been arrested so far.

Meanwhile, in the second kidnapping incident reported from Barkhan district, more than 30 men attacked the crushing plant in Dhola Nadi area and after damaging the plant they kidnapped three workers and fled from the area.

“Armed men abducted three labourers working at the crashing plant in Musakhail area,” Barkhan deputy commissioner Abdullah Khosa told Dawn News, adding that the kidnappers also damaged the plant.

The kidnappers reportedly took away three police personnel posted at a check post along with their weapons.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.