August 19, 2026 05:47 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Ontario budget
Image Credit: Peter Bethlenfalvy Facebook Page

Ontario launches virtual 2022 budget consultations

| @indiablooms | Jan 15, 2022, at 06:24 am

Toronto/IBNS: Ahead of the delivery of the budget in March 2022, an online budget consultation launch was announced by Minister of Finance Peter Bethlenfalvy enabling Ontarians to share their ideas for making Ontario the best place to build a career, a family, and a future.

People of Ontario and businesses had been engaged in a series of consultations by the government of Ontario throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, to keep the Province well informed about the ongoing response to fight this virus.

Being a critical time for the government to protect Ontario against COVID-19 and the newer threat posed by Omicron, it will continue to engage the people and the communities in conversations about what they want to see in the 2022 Budget.

“It is clear that while the COVID-19 pandemic is not over yet, our government will continue to make decisions that will lay a strong, stable fiscal foundation that Ontario workers, families, and entrepreneurs can build on,” said Peter Bethlenfalvy, Minister of Finance said in the news release. “We are looking for ideas that will help us continue to build Ontario’s long-term prosperity and create jobs while supporting workers and communities in every corner of our province.”

The government of Ontario welcomes people and organizations to share their ideas via an online survey, emailed or mailed submissions to the Ministry of Finance, or through a series of virtual consultations across the province that begins Monday.

The 2022 Budget consultations will close on Feb 11.

(Reporting by Asha Bajaj)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.