August 20, 2026 12:27 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis
Jordan
Twitter video grab

No casualties as result of blast at ammunition depot in Jordan’s Zarqa: State Media

| @indiablooms | Sep 11, 2020, at 06:27 pm

Cairo/Sputnik: No one was killed or injured in the result of a powerful explosion that occurred in the early hours of Friday at an ammunition depot in the Jordanian city of Zarqa, northeast of the Amman capital, the state-run Jordan News Agency (Petra) reported, citing a senior military source in the country's Armed Forces.

Jordan’s Minister of State for Media Affairs Amjad Adaileh has stated that the explosion took place in an unpopulated area at an ammunition warehouse. According to preliminary information, the blast was likely to be caused by a short circuit.

"There were no casualties as a result of the explosion that occurred early on Friday in one of the depots with ammunition under the process of disposal in Zarqa," the source said, as quoted by the news outlet.

Along with the source in Jordan’s army, the country’s Health Minister Saad Jaber has also told live on the Sky News Arabia broadcaster that no one was injured in the explosion.

Earlier in the day, media reported that the huge blast left at least two people killed and three others injured.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.