August 19, 2026 08:46 am (IST)
MH 370: Malaysia releases transcript
Kuala Lumpur, Apr 1 (IBNS):Malaysia on Tuesday released a transcript of the communications between the cockpit of the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370, which was declared lost forever last month, and air traffic controllers and said there was no indication of anything 'abnormal' in it.
The released transcript covers 54 minutes.
Malaysia's defense minister and acting transportation minister Hishammuddin Hussein said in a statement: " Today we are releasing the full transcript of communications between flight MH370 and Air Traffic Control Kuala Lumpur. The transcript has been shared with the families."
He said: "There is no indication of anything abnormal in the transcript."
"The transcript was initially held as part of the police investigation. Previously, Malaysia Airlines had stated initial investigations indicated that the voice which signed off was that of the co-pilot. The police are working to confirm this belief, and forensic examination of the actual recording is on-going," he said.
He said the international investigations team and the Malaysian authorities remained of the opinion that, up until the point at which it left military primary radar coverage, MH370’s movements were consistent with deliberate action by someone on the plane.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak will leave for Australian city Perth to observe the multi-national operations into the search for missing flight.
"I will be visiting Pearce Air Force Base in Perth tomorrow to be with the Australian search operations team for #MH370," Razak tweeted.
Malaysian Airlines, the flag carrier airline of Malaysia, on Mar 25 confirmed that its flight MH370 is now lost for ever in the Southern Indian Ocean and there are no survivors.
The flight, which was carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew and went missing since Mar 8.
"The transcript was initially held as part of the police investigation. Previously, Malaysia Airlines had stated initial investigations indicated that the voice which signed off was that of the co-pilot. The police are working to confirm this belief, and forensic examination of the actual recording is on-going," he said.
He said the international investigations team and the Malaysian authorities remained of the opinion that, up until the point at which it left military primary radar coverage, MH370’s movements were consistent with deliberate action by someone on the plane.
Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak will leave for Australian city Perth to observe the multi-national operations into the search for missing flight.
"I will be visiting Pearce Air Force Base in Perth tomorrow to be with the Australian search operations team for #MH370," Razak tweeted.
Malaysian Airlines, the flag carrier airline of Malaysia, on Mar 25 confirmed that its flight MH370 is now lost for ever in the Southern Indian Ocean and there are no survivors.
The flight, which was carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew and went missing since Mar 8.
Support Our Journalism
We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism
IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.
Support objective journalism for a small contribution.
Latest Headlines
Indian-origin industrialist Lakshmi Mittal’s Ukraine steel plant hit by Russian strike, 2 killed, 13 injured
Mon, Aug 17 2026
One of Kyiv's largest aerial attacks:Russia claims 822 Ukrainian drones downed, apocalyptic blaze videos go viral
Sun, Aug 16 2026
One of Kyiv's largest aerial attacks:Russia claims 822 Ukrainian drones downed, apocalyptic blaze videos go viral
Sun, Aug 16 2026
Russia launches fresh wave of strikes on Ukraine, 3 killed
Sun, Aug 16 2026
Who is Jason Arday? Former Cambridge professor found dead days after resignation amid plagiarism row
Sat, Aug 15 2026
Cambridge University appointed academic who backed 'terrorist' group Hizb ut-Tahrir
Thu, Aug 13 2026
North Korea fires ballistic missile towards East Sea ahead of major South Korea-US exercise
Wed, Aug 12 2026
Bashar al-Assad sentenced to death by Syrian Court for war crimes
Tue, Aug 11 2026
