August 19, 2026 09:43 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
UK
More than 600 items, including artefacts linked to India’s colonial past, were stolen during a burglary at a museum in Bristol. Photo: Avon and Somerset Police website

England: Over 600 items, including Indian artefacts, stolen in museum burglary

| @indiablooms | Dec 12, 2025, at 09:06 am

More than 600 items, including artefacts linked to India’s colonial past, were stolen during a burglary at a museum in Bristol, England.

Avon and Somerset Police confirmed that on September 25, between 1 and 2 am, a group of four unidentified men broke into a building in the Cumberland Road area of Bristol.

“The building housed items from the Bristol Museum’s British Empire and Commonwealth collection,” the police statement said.

“More than 600 artefacts of various descriptions were taken by the offenders,” it added.

Detectives have released images of four individuals they wish to speak to, believing they may be able to assist with the investigation.

DC Dan Burgan, the officer leading the case, said: “The theft of many items that hold significant cultural value is a major loss for the city. These items, many of which were donations, form part of a collection that offers insight into a complex chapter of British history. We hope the public can help us bring those responsible to justice.”

“So far, our enquiries have included extensive CCTV analysis, forensic investigations, and liaison with the victims,” Burgan said.

He added: “If you recognise the men pictured or have seen any of the stolen items being sold online, please call us on 101 and quote reference 5225269603.”

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.