August 19, 2026 08:20 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Russia-Ukraine
Child among 13 killed in suspected Ukrainian drone strike in Russia. Photo: ChatGPT Recreated

Child among 13 killed in suspected Ukrainian drone strike on Russia's Nizhnekamsk

| @indiablooms | Aug 10, 2026, at 05:04 pm

At least 13 people were killed after a suspected Ukrainian drone attack struck the Russian city of Nizhnekamsk on Monday, media reports said, escalating tensions in the region.

Russian Investigative Committee spokeswoman Svetlana Petrenko told TASS that a child was among those killed.

The incident has been described by global media reports as one of the deadliest Ukrainian attacks on Russian territory since the conflict began in 2022.

Kyiv has not commented on the reported attack so far.

Nizhnekamsk is located more than 1,100 kilometres (680 miles) from the Ukrainian border.

TASS reported that industrial and civilian facilities in Nizhnekamsk came under a large-scale drone attack, resulting in fatalities.

The Russian Health Ministry's press service told TASS that hospitals in Nizhnekamsk admitted 28 injured people, including one child.

Petrenko said the investigation found that Ukrainian drones had targeted residential areas and industrial facilities in Nizhnekamsk.

Several videos circulating online showed large plumes of smoke and flames rising into the sky during the daytime, though the authenticity and exact location of the footage could not be independently verified.

The intended target of the reported attack remains unclear.

According to UN monitors, 1,396 Ukrainian civilians were killed and 7,978 injured during the first six months of 2026. The figures represent a sharp increase compared with the same period in 2024 and 2025, amid an intensification of Russian long-range strikes beyond the frontline.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.