August 19, 2026 10:29 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit

Canada: North York mansion gutted by fire

| | Jan 05, 2017, at 04:08 pm
Toronto, Jan 5 (IBNS): The multimillion-dollar house, which was being constructed on Forest Heights Boulevard, North York, Ontario was ruined by fire which broke out early morning on New Year's Day, media reports said.


Stephan Powell, District Chief for Toronto Fire Services said that the rear of the house was fully damaged by the time they arrived, CBC News reported.

He said firefighters had to protect properties on either side of the house.

People could see high flames from a distance going through the roof and the house's second-storey windows and felt the heat from the blaze penetrating, reports said.

More than 80 firefighters had been fighting to distinguish the blaze for two and a half hours. They began at about 1:25 a.m. Sunday which was brought under control by 4 a.m.

Crews began demolition of the building early Tuesday after Powell said the structure of the building was unsafe.

Powell said he was not sure if investigators have spoken to the owners.

An estimate of the property damage was unavailable at that time, but damage was severe, said Powell.

He also said that although the cause of fire could not be determined so early, but he did not rule out arson.

"I don't think anything has been ruled out," Powell told CBC Toronto, CBC News reports said.

No body was reported to be injured, because during the outbreak of fire the house was believed to be unoccupied.

The cause of fire at the Mansion near Bayview Avenue and Highway 401 is being investigated by the Fire Marshal's Office.

 

(Reported by Asha Bajaj, Image of building on fire: Wikipedia)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.