August 19, 2026 09:08 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Turkey
A glimpse of tourists visiting Ankara. Photo Courtesy: Unsplash

Netizens feel Turkey is 'begging' Indian tourists to come back amid boycott call after letter goes viral, no official word so far

| @indiablooms | May 14, 2025, at 02:58 pm

A letter has gone viral on the social media where the Ankara tourism department is urging Indian people to visit Turkey amid a boycott call from Indians for showing support to Pakistan in the recent conflict against India.

In the alleged letter, the tourism department said: "All travel operations continue as planned, and there are no restrictions or safety issues affecting Indian guests."

Also Read: Several travel agencies suspend packages for Turkey, Azerbaijan for supporting Pakistan following Operation Sindoor

The department said there was no need for Indian tourists to postpone or cancel any trips to Turkey by keeping in mind the current situation.

Meanwhile, Indians, including politicians, shared the viral letter and criticised the country for its pro-Pakistan stand during the recent conflict that was triggered after terrorists killed 26 people in Jammu and Kashmir, an episode that drew widespread condemnation.

Congress leader Priyanka Chaturvedi wrote on X: "No Türkiye, Indians won’t come spending money on tourism in a country that uses the same to arm Pakistan. Look for your tourists elsewhere, our money ain’t blood money."

Kerala BJP President Rajeev Chandrasekha wrote a short message that read: " No thank you. #BoycottTurkey #SayNoToTurkey."

An X user wrote in the comment section: " Now tourists will come from Pakistan with begging bowl."

Darshit Patel, a netizen, said: " Turkey begging Indians to come back and travel."

Several Travel Agencies Suspend Packages For Turkey

Several major travel agencies have announced their decision to suspend all packages to Turkey and Azerbaijan after they came out in support of Pakistan.

EaseMyTrip made the announcement and wrote on X: "Following the Pahalgam attack and escalating tensions between India & Pakistan, travellers are urged to stay aware."

"As Turkey & Azerbaijan have shown support for Pakistan, we strongly recommend visiting only if absolutely necessary.Stay informed. Travel responsibly," the post said.

Aligning with the sentiment of Indian customers in the current scenario, Cox & Kings'  director Karan Agarwal told Hindustan Times: "In light of recent developments, we have decided to pause all new travel offerings to Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, and Turkey. This decision is driven by our commitment to uphold principles that matter deeply to us and the people of our country.”

"We also advise Indian travellers to exercise discretion and avoid any non-essential travel to these destinations until there is greater clarity and alignment in the broader geopolitical environment," he said.

Ceasefire

India and Pakistan agreed to a ceasefire effective 5 pm on Saturday after four days of intense military exchanges following Operation Sindoor, which was undertaken to strike terror bases in Pakistan and PoK in response to the April 22 Pahalgam attack.

(Note: IBNS did not independently verify the authenticity of the letter)
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.