August 19, 2026 09:08 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
PSL
National Stadium Karachi. Photo: Wikimedia Commons

Big blow to fans: PCB confirms PSL will have no spectators, venues reduced

| @indiablooms | Mar 22, 2026, at 06:46 pm

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Mohsin Naqvi on Sunday announced that the upcoming edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) will be held without spectators as part of the government’s austerity measures.

The tournament is scheduled to begin on March 26 and will feature eight teams competing across 44 matches.

Speaking at a press conference, as quoted by Dawn News, Naqvi said the tournament would proceed as planned, despite the difficult decision to bar fans from stadiums.

“On one hand, 25,000 to 30,000 people would gather at stadiums, while on the other, we are asking people to limit their movement,” he said. “Until this crisis ends, we will not allow crowds in the stadiums.”

Naqvi acknowledged that the decision was not easy but necessary under the current circumstances.

Venues reduced

The PSL was initially set to be held across multiple cities, including Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi, Multan, Peshawar and Faisalabad.

However, the matches will now be restricted to Karachi and Lahore.

Assuring fans, Naqvi said those who had already purchased tickets would receive refunds within 72 hours.

“We cannot postpone the tournament as there is no available window later in the year,” he added, noting that the decision was taken in consultation with all franchises.

The austerity measures have been placed as an indirect effect of Israel's and USA’s war with Iran. The resultant fuel crisis has forced the government to limit the movement of public in the country.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.