August 19, 2026 09:15 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Jee Le Zaraa
(L-R) Alia Bhatt, Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif. Photo: Katrina Kaif/Instagram

Will Jee Le Zaraa be made without Alia, Priyanka and Katrina? Read what Farhan Akhtar said

| @indiablooms | Sep 01, 2025, at 04:00 pm

Mumbai/IBNS: Filmmaker Farhan Akhtar's announcement of a road-trip film centred on women, titled as Jee Le Zaraa, had created a huge buzz. But the film hitting several delays over the years has dampened the excitement.

Now in an interview with YouTube channel Our Stupid Reactions, Farhan confirmed the making of the film, which may or may not feature three superstars- Alia Bhatt, Priyanka Chopra and Katrina Kaif- who were earlier locked for the lead cast.

Farhan told the channel, "I would hate to say that it's shelved. What I will say is that it has been put on the back burner. It is a film that will happen. Again, I don't know when it will be. But it's too delicious a script and there's so much work that has already been done on it."

"I have finished all location scouts, recorded music for the film. So it's just a matter of time that we come back and do it again. I can't comment on the cast anymore, like what that will be and when that will land. But will the film happen? Ya, it will."

Filmmaker Farhan Akhtar. Photo: Farhan Akhtar/Instagram

The film is written by Zoya Akhtar, Farhan Akhtar and Reema Kagti.

Farhan had directed Dil Chahta Hai, a 2001 road trip-film, which had an ensemble cast of Aamir Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Akshaye Khanna, Preity Zinta, Sonali Kulkarni and Dimple Kapadia.

Ten years later, Zoya had directed road trip-film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, which starred Hrithik Roshan, Abhay Deol, Katrina Kaif, Kalki Koechlin along with Farhan.

Speaking to The Lallantop last year about the film, Alia, who is a leading Bollywood actress, said, "We haven't scheduled shooting yet, but the film will definitely happen- it's just tough aligning everyone's dates; if everyone has it in mind and intends it, it will happen."

Farhan is currently busy with Don 3 which features Ranveer Singh and Kriti Sanon in the lead.

Kriti made a late entry to the cast replacing Kiara Advani who opted out due to pregnancy.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.