August 19, 2026 08:57 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Ranveer Singh received ransom demands through WhatsApp voice note. Photo: Official Instagram.

Ranveer Singh receives ransom threat; security tightened outside the actor’s Mumbai home

| @indiablooms | Feb 10, 2026, at 08:25 pm

Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh has received a threatening WhatsApp voice note demanding crores of rupees in ransom, the Mumbai Police has said.

The threat came just a few days after a firing incident at filmmaker Rohit Shetty’s residence in the city.

Police have increased security outside the 40-year-old actor’s home and launched an investigation to trace the sender of the threat.

Singh was recently seen in the blockbuster film Dhurandhar.

The development follows a shooting incident at Rohit Shetty’s nine-storey residential building in Mumbai’s Juhu area in the early hours of February 1.

According to police, at least five rounds were fired at the first floor of the building around 12.45 am. One of the bullets hit the glass of a gym located inside the premises.

Mumbai Police have arrested five people in connection with the firing. Investigators claim the accused were acting on the instructions of Shubham Lonkar, an absconding member of the Lawrence Bishnoi gang.

Lonkar is also wanted in connection with the murder of NCP leader Baba Siddique and the firing incident outside actor Salman Khan’s Bandra residence.

The Lawrence Bishnoi gang has previously claimed responsibility for multiple attacks on actor-comedian Kapil Sharma’s café in Canada and has repeatedly issued threats to Salman Khan.

In one instance, a threat note was left at Bandra Bandstand, where Khan’s father Salim Khan goes for his daily walk.

Police said further investigations are underway to determine whether the threat to Ranveer Singh is directly linked to the Bishnoi gang or related criminal networks.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.