August 19, 2026 09:03 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Ranveer Singh
(L) Ranveer Singh's first public appearance since Don 3 fallout. Photo: Screen-grab & Ranveer Singh Instagram

Masked and guarded: Ranveer Singh makes first public appearance after Don 3 fallout

| @indiablooms | May 26, 2026, at 10:39 am

Mumbai/IBNS: Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh concealed his face with a mask while opting for a traditional outfit in his first public appearance since a non-cooperation directive issued against him by film body Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE).

Ranveer wore a kurta-pyjama with a Nehru jacket as he was spotted at the Mumbai airport on Tuesday morning.

He was also wearing sunglasses despite the early hours, amid tight security at the airport.

What are the allegations against Ranveer?

FWICE has issued a “non-cooperation directive” against the actor over his abrupt exit from the upcoming film Don 3.

According to multiple media reports, the dispute began after filmmaker Farhan Akhtar and producer Ritesh Sidhwani allegedly complained that Ranveer walked out of the project just weeks before shooting, causing major financial losses and production disruption.

FWICE claims the film had been in development for nearly three years and that the actor’s exit affected several workers associated with the production.

The federation reportedly directed its members — including technicians and crew unions — not to work with Ranveer until the matter is resolved. Reports further claim the producers are seeking damages worth around Rs 40–45 crore.

Another reason cited by the federation is that Ranveer allegedly failed to respond satisfactorily to multiple notices issued to him regarding the matter.

Ranveer breaks silence, says professional matters should be handled with dignity 

In a statement issued through his spokesperson, the actor said he continues to hold “the highest regard” for the film fraternity and everyone associated with the Don franchise.

Ranveer, who has just delivered two blockbusters in the form of Dhurandhar and its sequel, added that he consciously chose to remain silent amid the controversy, believing “professional discussions and personal equations are best handled with dignity, maturity and mutual respect.”

“While several narratives and speculations have surfaced over time, Ranveer has never considered it necessary to respond publicly or contribute to conjecture. His focus remains firmly on his work and the commitments ahead,” the spokesperson said, while wishing the franchise continued success.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.