August 19, 2026 09:54 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit

Harrison Ford excited about playing Indiana Jones for 5th time

| | Mar 23, 2016, at 11:02 pm
Los Angeles, Mar 23 (IBNS): One of the most memorable and iconic action heroes of all time-Indiana Jones is all set to return with the fifth film from the popular franchise. Renowned actor Harrison Ford is once again all set to take on some new bad guys, reprising his role of Indiana Jones for the fifth time.
On Jimmy Kimmel Live! the 48 year old actor got nostalgic and revealed the reason for taking on the role once again.
 
The actor said, “I’ll be ready, I’m excited about this. It’s the opportunity to work with Steven Spielberg again on this character, a chance to revisit this character which has brought pleasure to so many. Not to mention me. It’s great fun to play this character, its great fun to work with Steven; I’m looking forward to it.”
 
Spielberg, 69, directed all four previous Indiana Jones films and will helm the new project, which is all set to hit theaters on July 19, 2019. 
 
Harrison will be 77-years-old when the movie is released. When asked about the idea for the film this time and if the producers have come up with something that he loved, he said, “I haven’t read the script. We’re talking about the contract!”
 
Earlier this year, Harrison thrilled all his audiences by revisiting the legendary role of Han Solo in Stars Wars: The Force Awakens. While many Star Wars fans were shocked and saddened with the doomed fate of his beloved character in the climax of The Force Awakens, Harrison Ford was more than happy to bid farewell to Han Solo. 
 
"You work for, like, 25 years for the company, you do your best, you show up every day, you do your job, and then they just let you go. Shocking." Ford, 73, said on Jimmy Kimmel Live!. 
 
However, Ford said he had been pushing for his character to die from the beginning.  "I argued for 30 years for this to happen and finally I wore them down," he added.  When asked if the character of Han Solo would continue in the franchise or if his death was his final scene, Ford's lips were sealed.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.