August 20, 2026 12:33 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis

Sushma Swaraj meets Chinese, Russian Foreign Ministers

| | Apr 18, 2016, at 08:47 pm
Moscow, Apr 18 (IBNS): External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Monday met Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on the sidelines of the Russia-India-China (RIC) foreign ministers' meeting in Moscow, officials said.
She also met  Foreign Minister of China Wang Yi.

"With Mr. Wang Yi Foreign Minister of China - First bilateral of the day in Moscow before RIC Session," Swaraj tweeted.

"With Russian and Chinese Foreign Ministers at the RIC Conference in Moscow," she said.

 Swaraj on Monday conveyed to her Chinese counterpart Wang Yi  India's objection to Beijing blocking a ban on Pakistan-based  terror groupl Jaish-e-Mohammed, reports said.

Swaraj took up the issue with Wang on the sidelines of a meeting of the Russia-India-China (RIC) trilateral meeting of their foreign ministers.

 Earlier in April,  China blocked India's attempt to have the United Nations designate Masood Azhar, who is said to have masterminded the attack on Pathankot air base in which seven military personnel were killed.

China stopped UN sanctions committee from designating Azhar as terrorist, maintaining that the case "did not meet the requirements" of the Security Council.

The UN had banned the Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) in 2001 but India's efforts for slapping sanctions on Azhar after the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks also did not fructify as China, that has veto powers, did not allow it apparently at the behest of Pakistan.
 

 

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.