April 03, 2025 09:55 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
In a major boost for tourism, Shimla to get Asia's longest ropeway spanning 13.79 kilometers | Karnataka govt hikes sales tax on diesel, price goes up by Rs. 2 | 'Heard India will be dropping its tariffs substantially': Donald Trump ahead of announcing reciprocal tariff | Opposition MPs decide to vote against Waqf Amendment Bill in Parliament tomorrow | Chilean President Boric visits India, discusses ways to expand bilateral ties with Modi | Himanta Biswa Sarma slams Muhammad Yunus' Northeast remarks, Tripura leader suggests Bangladesh's split | Modi govt determined to uproot Naxalism by March 31, 2026: Amit Shah | Time for reciprocity: White House refers to India's 100 percent tariff imposed on US agri products ahead of April 2 deadline | Fresh encounter breaks out in J&K's Kathua, security forces trap 3 terrorists | Pakistani advocacy group nominates Imran Khan for Nobel Peace Prize
Raj Kundra
Image: UNI

Shilpa Shety's husband Raj Kundra files fresh bail plea, denies role in alleged porn case

| @indiablooms | Sep 18, 2021, at 11:46 pm

Mumbai/UNI: In a fresh bail application, businessman Raj Kundra, an accused in the pornographic content case, on Saturday once again denied the charges levelled against him.

He claimed that the supplementary charge sheet filed by the prosecution last week is silent on his role and on him being involved in creation of alleged questionable content.

In the bail plea, he said he was being made a "scapegoat" and there is not even an iota of evidence till date with the prosecution that would connect the app 'Hotshots' with an offence under law.

The crime branch, probing the case, had recently filed a supplementary charge sheet against Kundra and three others in the case pertaining to alleged creation of pornographic films and publishing them through some apps.

After that, the accused approached the metropolitan court for bail, saying the investigation in the case was practically over.

Kundra, husband of Bollywood actor Shilpa Shetty, was arrested on July 19 after being booked under relevant sections of the IPC and the Information Technology Act. He is currently in judicial custody.

The bail plea also said that there is not a single allegation in the entire supplementary charge sheet against the present applicant (Kundra) that he was actively involved in any of the video.

The application will come up for hearing on Monday.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.
Close menu