August 18, 2026 05:49 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar

Rajasthan Govt to give protection to Salman's former driver

| | Jul 28, 2016, at 07:22 pm
Jaipur, July 28 (IBNS) : The Rajasthan Government has assured protection to actor Salman Khan's former driver as he claims to have witnessed the superstar shoot down chinkara, an endanged gazelle, in 1988, media reports said.

Harish Dulani, the driver of the Gypsy used by the actor on an alleged hunt, has been reported missing in the 18-year-old case.

He surfaced on Wednesday and told  NDTV that Salman Khan did shoot the animal  he could never testify in court because he was threatened.

Assuring his protection, the Rajasthan Government has said that it has decided to move the Supreme Court against the actor's acquittal.

"He has never approached us for protection but if he asks in writing we will provide security," Rajasthan Home Minister Gulab Chand Kataria said.

Dulani had made a similar statement before a magistrate 18 years ago, but went missing since then. He claims that he was not absconding. "My father received threats, I got scared and left home. If I had police protection, I could have given a statement," he said.

On Monday, the court said there is not enough evidence that the 50-year-old star had killed two chinkaras in September, 1998.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.