August 17, 2026 06:26 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe

NSCN-K militants attack Assam Rifles convoy in Nagaland

| | Sep 03, 2016, at 08:33 pm
Guwahati, Sept 3 (IBNS) : Banned insurgent group National Socialist Council of Nagaland (Khaplang) ambushed a convoy of Assam Rifles in Zunheboto district of Nagaland on Friday evening.

Four jawans were injured in the incident, which  took place between  Ghokishe and Luvishe villages in the district.

According to the reports, the militants  ambushed a four- vehicle convoy of Assam Rifles.

NSCN-K, however, claimed that at least 8-10 security personnel were killed while several others injured. 

NSCN-K leader Isak Sumi claimed that one of the four vehicles had rolled down a gorge and maximum occupants of the vehicle were possibly killed.

But the Nagaland government and defence sources said that four security personnel were injured and nobody was killed in the attack.

“NSCN-K’s claim was baseless and they are trying to spread rumours,” an official of Nagaland government said.

This is the third attack on security forces by the  insurgent group in the past one  month.

NSCN-K had attacked the Assam Rifles personnel along the Nagaland-Myanmar border at a remote area under Changlang district in Arunachal Pradesh last month.

 

 

(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.