August 18, 2026 05:50 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar

Missing IAF aircraft : All leads have turned out to be bad, says Defence Minister

| | Jul 26, 2016, at 08:30 pm
New Delhi, July 26 (IBNS) : As the search for the missing IAF aircraft drew a blank even after five days, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Tuesday indicated the worst, saying all leads have turned out to be bad.
“A lot of resources are in place. All leads till now have turned out to be bad. We are trying to concentrate on some links or sound which has emitted from some area. Trying to find out, that needs to be ascertained but there were some false leads but false leads of similar type,” reports quoted him as saying. 
 
Refuting the claim that  the AN 32’s Emergency Locator Transmitter (ELT) had failed in what is believed to have happened with a Coast Guard Dronier aircraft that crashed last year with three men aboard, the Minister said, "I think the submarine finally located the Dornier with the same beeps."
 
"Initially sound might not have come due to depth of water but when the submarine went in there, they identified the location. Can’t say whether it is operating or not now but we have not been able to hear it,” he said.
 

The Russian-made aircraft took off at 8.30am from Tambaram in Chennai and disappeared over the Bay of Bengal on its way to Port Blair with 29 people on board. 

An intensive search engaging aircraft and ships have so far failed to locate the missing aircraft or establish the reason for its sudden disappearance.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.