August 19, 2026 08:17 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit

JK govt clarifies on killing of Bemina man in crossfire

| | Jun 14, 2016, at 10:54 pm
Srinagar, June 14 (IBNS): The Jammu and Kashmir government said that the Bemina man who was killed in cross-fire between forces and militants died after he opened fire on police and paramilitary personnel from inside a bus near Kud area of Udhampur.

“The CRPF and JKP started searching vehicles at Karnal, Nallah Kud and an SRTC bus was stopped,” Minister Gh Nabi Lone Hanjura told the Lower House on Tuesday.

PDP’s Batamaloo lawmaker, Sheikh Noor Mohammad and Opposition members had sought clarification from the government on Kud operation in which a man from Bemina and a lady were killed.

The family of the deceased claimed he had been unarmed and was on his way to Amritsar for medical treatment.

Earlier Noor Muhammad, an MLA of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), had asked the government to explain the circumstances under which the operation had been carried out.

Ali Muhammad Sagar, the legislator of the opposition National Conference, had asked the government to clarify whether the person had been killed in a fake encounter.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.