August 17, 2026 06:01 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe

Chikungunya: 5 dead in Delhi, Centre,AAP govt exchange barbs

| | Sep 14, 2016, at 04:09 am
New Delhi, Sept 13 (IBNS): The Delhi and the Central government on Tuesday exchanged barbs over the mosquito-borne viral disease chikungunya which has left at least five people dead in the national capital this year.

Union Health Minister JP Nadda slammed the Delhi government over the outbreak of the disease.

JP Nadda was quoted as saying by NDTV: "Delhi government has not shown seriousness. We have given them all support."

Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal in the morning had tweeted: "CM n min left wid no power now, even to buy a pen. LG n PM enjoy all powers wrt Del. LG abroad.Question them for Del."

Earlier on Tuesday, the media had reported the death of two people.

On Monday, a man from Ghaziabad died in Ganga Ram Hospital.

One suspected chikungunya death has also been reported at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), but hospital authorities have not yet confirmed it, reported ND TV on Monday.

J P Nadda had earlier said the union government is monitoring the situation on daily basis and there is no need to panic. "Have asked the MCD to take necessary steps, " he said on Tuesday.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.