August 17, 2026 05:38 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar | Bengal man arrested in Bengaluru over terror links, Afghanistan travel plan | Ajit Doval breaks silence on Operation Sindoor in Discovery’s explosive new docuseries | Rahul Gandhi's 'mock hug' taunt sparks row; Centre stresses 'mutual respect' with Italy | Delhi on high alert: Bomb threat to High Court, airport and multiple locations ahead of I-Day | ‘Who are they to interfere?’: CJI Surya Kant slams Bar Council of India over NALSAR students’ enrolment row | 'Shows how low Congress has sunk': BJP slams Rahul Gandhi over Modi foreign policy jibe

Bus mishap: 30 bodies recovered so far

| | Sep 20, 2016, at 12:58 am
Patna, Sept 19 (The Bihar Post/IBNS): Rescue teams in Bihar have recovered 30 bodies so far after a massive search operation launched when a crowded bus fell into a roadside pond on Monday afternoon.

“So far 30 bodies have been fished out and the ill-fated bus has also been pulled out but our search operation is not over,” a disaster management official told the media today.

Authorities say the toll could rise further.

A bus with around 50 passengers was on way to Sitamarhi district from Madhubani when it lost its control and jumped into a road-side pond, killing nearly all.

Angry villagers later took to streets and pelted stones on the officials who reached the spot. The villagers were angry over the alleged delayed response of the officials who, they alleged, reached quite much late.

Witnesses said most of the passengers died as the bus remained submerged in water for over two hours before the rescue teams could start operation.

Bihar chief minister expressed grief over the incident and announced compensation to the victims’ families.


(thebiharpost.com)

Image:Google Maps

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.