August 19, 2026 09:40 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit

Second swine flu death reported in Delhi in 2015

| | Jan 09, 2015, at 05:20 pm
New Delhi, Jan 9 (IBNS): With the death of a 30-year-old man from East Delhi who succumbed to the H1N1 virus at a private hospital on Thursday, Delhi reported its second swine flu death this year, media reports said.

Sources said the man was critical and he was constantly on ventilator support. Eight fresh cases of swine flu were also reported on Thursday taking the total figure to 31 so far this year.

The first swine flu death of the year was recorded in the capital on Wednesday as a 42-year-old woman from Uttam Nagar in west Delhi died of H1N1 virus at a private hospital.

Sources said the health department is closely monitoring the situation and also started an orientation programme for the staff of all the 22 designated hospitals including five private hospitals.

“As per our records, Delhi has recorded two deaths due to swine flu this year till now,” said additional director in-charge of public health Charan Singh.

Singh said that the deaths taking place in the neighbouring regions outside Delhi were not considered figures for the national capital.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.