August 19, 2026 09:48 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Nipah virus
In image representative image of Nipah virus/ courtesy: Pixabay

Kerala records 2 deaths due to Nipah virus, Centre sends team for assistance

| @indiablooms | Sep 13, 2023, at 03:48 am

New Delhi/IBNS: Two people have died due to the Nipah virus in Kerala's Kozhikode district, Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya confirmed on Tuesday.

The confirmation comes hours after a district-wide health alert was issued on Monday after two "unnatural" deaths were reported from a private hospital.

"A central team sent to Kerala to take stock of the situation and assist the state government in Nipah virus management," Mandaviya said.

The Kerala government has set up a control room in Kozhikode and advised people to use masks as a precautionary measure.

Earlier in the day, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan advised people to exercise caution and said there was no reason to worry as those who were in close contact with the victims were under treatment.

"There is nothing to worry about. Those who were in contact with the two are being traced and treated. Being careful is the key to tackling the situation. Everyone is requested to cooperate with the action plan prepared by the health department," the Chief Minister said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.