August 19, 2026 09:17 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Photo Courtesy: CDC

India reports second Mpox case with Kerala man testing positive for virus after return from UAE

| @indiablooms | Sep 19, 2024, at 02:13 am

Thiruvananthapuram/IBNS: Kerala Wednesday registered India's second monkeypox (Mpox) case with a 38-year-old man from Malappuram testing positive after returning from the United Arab Emirates, state health minister confirmed.

The patient has been isolated and is being treated following established medical protocols.

Health Minister Veena George said that the patient, on noticing symptoms, acted correctly by isolating himself from his family and was then got admitted at the state-run Manjeri Medical College.

In a Facebook post, George urged the public to seek treatment and inform the Health Department if they displayed any of the known symptoms.

Nine days ago India reported its first case when a young man, who had travelled from western Africa, tested positive for the virus in Delhi.

He is reported to be stable and isolated to prevent the virus from spreading.

The government had earlier said there is no indication of widespread risk to the public at this time, explaining that testing had confirmed the presence of 'clade 2' of the virus in the country and that this particular strain is "similar to 30 cases reported earlier in India, from July 2022 onwards".

Last week the government issued directives to all state and union territories to "review public health preparedness, particularly at health facility level at state and districts by senior officials".

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.